A comparison of unhealthy foods

Now that I've been in Belfast for a while, I have some things to say. Mainly, about junk food.

Kit-kat -- better in Ireland
Twix -- better in America
Funyuns/Tayto Onion Rollers -- better in Ireland
Cadbury chocolates -- better in Ireland
Sprite -- better in Ireland
Marshmallows -- better in Ireland
Potato chips/crisps -- better in Ireland (not just the packaging)
edit: chocolate malt balls -- better in Ireland; namely, because I actually like them here.

And here's one that's not so unhealthy, for the conscientious crowd.

Milk -- so, so much better in Ireland

So, for those of you playing along at home, that's Ireland 7 8, America 1.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 comments:

Larry E. Ninas said...

Do you think the use of cane sugar vice corn syrup makes a difference in the Sprite? The candy?

Sydney in Wonderland said...

I think it makes a HUGE difference. It's the only reason I will drink a soda here; I try to avoid high fructose corn syrup whenever possible. I feel so much better knowing I don't have to check the labels for it every time I eat something. However, I don't know what the deal with the Twix is . . . it's just not good.

Post a Comment